Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My new latest hobby: Minnesota Lynx

Sorry if the picture is too bright and blurry but thats me at my first Lynx game last June.


By Rach Eggert, Rach’s Political Report

Minnesota Lynx 2010 season was my first time watching professional women basketball after a friend of mine encouraged me to go and check it out last June (didn’t go last May due to end of 2010 legislative session and had to work).

I knew that Lindsay Whalen is really good player since Lynx signed her from Connecticut Sun. At least we have a hometown player to help the team win and as I am writing, we are just two road games left and I am hoping that we would win those games after big loss to Seattle Storm last night. If we win two more games then we would still have chance at playoffs. Wait and see what happen on Friday and Sunday. Other two players that I agree with most fans who are very good: Candice Wiggins and Seimone Augustus that helped the team win several games. I am sure most of Lynx fans would agree with me.
I really love "Party Zone" because you could play games and get concessions food that you usually don't find out in hallways at the Target Center.

At first I thought that WNBA is just like NBA but I was wrong. They are more fun than NBA because people tend to do crazy and silly thing such as musical chair game during Prowl’s birthday party. Minnesota Lynx staff are very friendly and helpful. The autograph party during Fan Appreciation Night was like madhouse. I wanted to get my favorite players autographs but it will have to wait until next year. I also love their party at Target Plaza although I went once due to schedule conflicts throughout the season. Glad that last home game didn’t get conflicted with Twins VS Oakland A’s game since I got Twins game ticket from a friend at last minute.

My friend was right all along, it is fun watching Lynx game as if you are watching St. Paul Saints Baseball game. Same friend I went to Twins game with earlier in the day (he is hardcore Twins fan) is now addicted to Lynx after I took him to game. This is type of sport I like. It is also awesome to meet some Lynx fans that was Facebook friends in person at games.
You can find Lynx and Target Center on Twitter:
Target Center: @TargetCenterMN

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the Lynx games this year! They are a great group of women to watch. I think the team has a solid core group of players that, given more time to gel, will really be a force.

    GO LYNX :)

    ReplyDelete