Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rach's Letter to Pioneer Press Editor: Clearing snow for bus riders

Clearing snow for bus riders

Pioneer Press

12/16/2010

I am a bus rider and I use Metro Transit on a regular basis because of legal blindness; it's the only mode of transportation I have. I wait for the bus at bus shelters or stops. The city, businesses and even Metro Transit haven't cleared snow after the snowplows, leaving a huge mess on sidewalks and corner curbs. I had to walk and wait for buses on the side of the street, instead of the sidewalk.

They need to think about safety for bus riders, the elderly and disabled, even wheelchair riders, who need to use the bus and need to use the sidewalk.

If you live near bus shelters, please shovel bus stops and corner curbs. Bus riders would appreciate your help.

Rachel Eggert, St. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment