Thursday, March 1, 2012

REP. KNUTH NOT SEEKING RE-ELECTION

(SAINT PAUL) — Today, Representative Kate Knuth (DFL – New Brighton) announced she will not be seeking re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives.

Rep. Knuth released the following statement:

“Representing my neighbors in New Brighton, Arden Hills, Shoreview and Fridley in the Minnesota House of Representatives is an honor. Running for and serving in office has allowed me to get to know my community and its geography and people in a unique and fulfilling way. I am so grateful for the many wonderful people who have taken the time to help me do this job well.

“I am proud of the work we do together to make Minnesota an exceptional place to live. In particular, I am proud to have worked with local leaders on environmental cleanup and redevelopment needs in my community. I am also glad that Minnesota is on a cleaner, more homegrown energy path because of work we have done over the last few years.

“While I will not be seeking reelection, I look forward to serving my neighbors through this term. I will continue to seek out ways in which to contribute to making Minnesota, and the world, a healthier and more sustainable place. I consider myself lucky to love Minnesota, my home state, more than I can fully describe. My service, leadership, and life’s work will always be firmly rooted in this place and its people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment