Friday, October 8, 2010

Nurses Ask Tom Horner to Sign “Contract with Working Families” in Duluth

TODAY, October 8th, at 3:00pm at Carmody's Irish Pub in Duluth , Minnesota nurses will present Tom Horner with a “Contract with Working Families” and ask that he pledge to put the needs of working families ahead of his close relationship with Twin Cities Hospitals and disclose his client list.

The text of the contract is pasted below:

Tom Horner’s Contract with Working Families

I, Tom Horner, hereby pledge to immediately disclose any and all contractual agreements I have had with clients in the past two years, including the Twin Cities Hospitals, my last remaining Public Relations/Communications client. I realize that my relationship with the Twin Cities Hospitals, which have more than $7 billion in yearly revenue, as a paying customer serves as a major conflict of interest should I become Minnesota ’s next Governor. I therefore recuse myself from direct interaction with any particular matter relating to the Twin Cities Hospitals.



Additionally, I pledge that neither the Twin Cities Hospitals nor any other corporate entity will have special access to or favor with my office should I become Governor. Instead, I agree, in writing, to do everything in my power to always put the needs of the working families of Minnesota ahead of any corporate entity and/or its financial agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment