Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rep. Kim Norton's Capitol History and Tour

Here is video of my co-worker and friend, Rep. Kim Norton's video on history and tour of Capitol. It shows area that are usually off limits to the public that at the end of session, tour was only shown to Capitol employees like myself, legislators and their families. You will be hearing voices of my friends and co workers Kim, John the Capitol security guy, and Minnesota Legislature hardcore fan John Kaul.

Kim is explaining the history of Capitol building if you are into history or just a fan of the building itself.

I have gone on similar tour with John the security guy couple of times when working overnight or on weekend during final days of regular legislative session with my coworkers. I have been inside the dome, on top of the dome, and inside rotunda on the catwalk. The view was really awesome if the weather are nice but lot of walking on stairs and worth it. When I was on top of dome, I could see everything that inculdes skyline of Downtown Minneapolis, St. Paul, University Avenue, and pretty much everything. On the roof of the Capitol look like skate park which would be perfect place for skateboarders.

Only area that are off limits to the public tours are on top of dome and catwalk inside of rotunda but it is worth to watch the video yourself unless you are working at the Capitol like myself.

Thanks John Kaul for making this video. He is one of my regular so I see him every session day. He also takes really awesome pictures if you have seen his projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment