Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My vent of snow plowing & letter to my Councilman and Mayor

I had to write e-mail to my Councilman and Mayor because I was not too happy with how the Public works Department does it works even Metro Transit for not clearing snow off at bus stops and shelters. Here is my vent:


Dear Mayor Coleman and Councilmember XXXXXX,

I have been living in XXXX and XXXX area in XXX Ward since September. I do like living in St. Paul but I would like to vent out about how public works department does its job.

I am very disappointed in City of St. Paul and Metro Transit for not clearing snow off bus stops even sidewalks are very narrow. Businesses was not very helpful when it comes to clear snow off at bus stops & shelters. Streets are plowed but what about bus stops & shelter and sidewalks that have too much snow?

I am bus rider myself and I use bus on regular basis. I can’t go out that much because of bus stops are not being clear of snow. I had to walk on street because snow are STILL on low rise corner curbs even wait for buses on side of the street.

It is not too safe to wait for buses on street INSTEAD of sidewalk when there are big pile of snow. Last time we had snowstorm, I had hard time getting on and off buses due to bad balance and I am legally blind; I complained to city, they did nothing! What about people who use wheelchairs who use bus, how can they get on and off bus even where would they wait for buses if bus shelters & stops are not clear of snow? It is dangerous for them as well.

My point is that I am speaking out for bus riders and disability community. They use bus frequently like I do on regular basis and it is only mode of transportation I have since I can’t drive regular cars due to legally blindness.

Again, I am trying to get my point across for bus riders and disabled people including my own safety.

Thank you for your time to read e-mail and hope to hear from you soon


Sincerely,

Rachel Eggert

(address not published)

No comments:

Post a Comment