Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Update from my previous blog on vent of snow removal situation

Earlier I wrote how pissed off I was about snow not being removed from bus stop on previous blog entry. Finally I got e-mail response from my councilman which was good.

Here are e-mail replies between me and my councilman:

Hi XXXX,
Sorry I didn't reply asap, was at retirement party for Speaker Kelliher at Target Field and thanks for gettting back to me sooner.

To answer your question, XXXX and XXXX- bus stops are at three corners. also two more stops on XXXX and XXXX.

If Downtown is in your ward, I also would like to see bus stops that have high volume of traffic to be shoveled also.

How long do you think work would get done?

See you on thursday at your kick off party. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Rach


Coumcilman's response after I wrote email earlier.

--- On Tue, 12/14/10, XXXX XXXXXX wrote:


From: XXXX XXXXXXX
Subject: Re: Snow removal at bus stops & shelters, sidewalk are not cleared very well- safety concern
To: "XXXXXXXX" , senatoreggert@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 7:39 PM


Thank you Rachel

I know that Mayor Coleman and I agree that safe streets, walks and
intersections are of highest priority in our Minnesota winter. Rest
assured that bus stops and crosswalks will be cleaned. The heavy
snowfall has us a little behind but our hardworking employees are
working extra shifts to do the job for you.

Are there any particular bus stops or intersections we should place on a
priority list? Email back and we'll get on them.

Thanks again for contacting us

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment