Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rach's Letter to Star Tribune Editor

STAR TRIBUNE

12/18/2010


I use Metro Transit on a regular basis due to being legally blind. It is the only mode of transportation I have.

Because I wait for the bus at shelters or stops, I'm aware that the city, businesses and even Metro Transit have done little to clear the huge messes of snow left by plows on sidewalks and corner curbs.

I've had to walk on and wait for buses on the sides of the streets instead of on the sidewalk.

Officials need to think about the safety of bus riders and wheelchair users who need to use sidewalks to safely take the bus.

If you live near bus shelters, please shovel the bus stops and corner curbs that have not been cleared by the city or Metro Transit. Bus riders would appreciate your help.

RACHEL EGGERT, ST. PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment